Remember; "Anything you say can and will be used against you..."
YOUR WEINGARTEN RIGHTS:
YOU NEVER HAVE TO AGREE TO TALK TO MANAGEMENT WITHOUT A UNION REPRESENTATIVE PRESENT
• Every Teamster Union member has a right to Union representation in any meeting with management that could affect their employment status.
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS:
IF YOU ANSWER YES, ASK FOR REPRESENTATION
• Could this meeting/interrogation lead to disciplinary action?
• Could this meeting/interrogation lead to job termination?
DO'S AND DON'TS
• Do refuse to proceed without Union representation
• Don't answer any questions without Union representation
• Do demand Union representation
• Don't make written or verbal statements of guilt or innocence
REMEMBER, EMPLOYERS ARE GENERALLY PROHIBITED FROM REQUIRING OR REQUESTING ANY EMPLOYEE TO TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST, AND FROM DISCHARGING, DISCIPLINING OR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST AN EMPLOYEE FOR REFUSING TO TAKE A TEST.